Saturday, February 14, 2009

Summing it Up - Writing the Novel Synopsis


I was going to write a post today about the art of writing the novel synopsis, but then I came upon this eloquent article that just says it better than I ever could. I've taken this from FMWriters.com, which I've found to be an excellent source of information.

You can find them in my Resource Guide to the right, and a direct link to this original post is

http://fmwriters.com/Visionback/Issue%2015/workshop.htm

I hope you find this as helpful for you as it has been for me. And thank you Sheila Kelly for writing it.

We'll rejoin later and talk about the two page synopsis versus the longer, full-novel synopsis. You will definitely need them both when submitting to agents.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just where I'm at too. Good link. Best with your synopsis!

racer said...

good luck with your writing, Chris. Be a bulldog! Be a f*cking bulldog!

Bluestocking Mum said...

Hi Todd

I still haven't finalised my synopsis for Tango Man. It is proving far harder than the 93000words of the novel!

I am still with you...just plugging away.

warm wishes